Learners of Today. Leaders of Tomorrow.
Parent Teacher Association
PTA Mission & Values
The mission of the IAA Parent-Teacher Organization is the enhancement of the spirit of community, communication and cooperation within the IAA in an effort to foster an environment wherein students can develop to their potential.
Among the students, parents and staff, we hope to promote a keen sense of pride in this highly esteemed institution, pooling our resources to create more opportunities, enhance collective support and develop overall inclusiveness and morale. Clearly, this is to the benefit of all members of the IAA community, with a particular focus on the students, indeed the IAA's raison d'├¬tre.
In light of the stated mission and values of the first IAA PTA, the following points have been identified as community-building strategies which serve as the basis of PTA programme development.
Parents and Teachers - How to Get involved
Because Parent-Teacher organizations depend on the support and participation of parents and teachers, we encourage you to get involved to help us achieve our programme goals. There are many ways in which to do this, but here are just a few:
- Know your Executive Committee Members. They are here to facilitate and coordinate the realization of your ideas.
- Stay informed about PTA events and announcements. Read emails, IAA Newsletter announcements and visit our IAA website and Facebook pages.
- Offer feedback and ideas. Complete surveys and questionnaires online, use the anonymous PTA Suggestion Box located at the campus PTA office, write to email@example.com, attend PTA workshops and discussion groups, or speak directly with a member of the PTA Executive Committee.
- Volunteer as a Grade Parent to help communicate information and opportunities to parents of your children's grade levels.
- Help promote community events and fund-raisers through word-of-mouth. Support of parents and teachers is the key to a successful event. Attend events and bring your friends and family too!
- Volunteer your time to help organize, execute, or supervise events and fund-raisers. This can include a wide array of activities, from manning coffee stations to participating in a sporting tournament to supervising students to designing event invitations and flyers. The possibilities are endless!
- Use your professional expertise to create new opportunities for learning for parents, students and teachers alike. This can include becoming a guest speaker, participating in Career Day at school, offering student work internships, participating in a Workplace Shadow Program for IAA students and much more!
- Consider sponsorship opportunities. The PTA needs your support to achieve its goals for the benefit of our entire community! Contact us for further information on how you can help make the PTA a truly successful endeavor for our children.
- Encourage your children to get involved too. Students can be an enormous help in the development and execution of events and activities. We hope you will encourage them to participate and offer their many ideas and talents to make things happen!
Contact the IAA PTA
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop your comments, questions, or concerns in the anonymous PTA Suggestion Box located outside the PTA Office on the IAA campus.
We look forward to hearing from all members of our school community.
Muna Sabbarini Said, PTA Chairperson, Secondary Parent
Rana Imam, PTA Vice-Chairperson, Primary & Secondary Parent
Hani Saadi, PTA Treasurer, Primary & Secondary Parent
Azza Rajjal Abu Ragheb, PTA Secretary, Primary & Secondary Parent
Hiba Joudeh, PTA Executive Committee Member, Primary Parent
Isabelle Beiruti, PTA Executive Committee Member, Primary & Secondary Parent
Shireen Halaweh, PTA Executive Committee Member, Primary & Secondary Parent
Dana Hamzouq, PTA Executive Committee Member, Representative of the Office of the IAA Director & Primary Parent
Walid Al Bay, PTA Executive Committee Member, Primary School Deputy Principal & Primary Parent
Anna Baldwin, PTA Executive Committee Member, Primary Teacher
Laura-Claire Corson, PTA Executive Committee Member, Primary Teacher
Susanne Marchant, PTA Executive Committee Member, Deputy Head of Middle Years Program
Devon Stafford, PTA Executive Committee Member, Secondary School Counsellor
Dr. Mustafa Orabi, PTA Executive Committee Member, Head of Religion - Secondary