The IAA experience. A holistic and unique journey.
In the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP), physical and health education empowers students to understand and appreciate the value of being physically active and to develop the motivation for making healthy life choices. Physical and health education focuses on both learning about and learning through physical activity. Courses foster the development of knowledge, skills and attitudes that will contribute to a student"s balanced and healthy lifestyle. Through opportunities for active learning, this curriculum embodies and promotes the holistic nature of well-being and encourages students to appreciate and respect the ideas of others. Effective collaboration and communication skills are also incorporated in the learning process. IAA athletics also offers many opportunities to build positive interpersonal relationships, Leadership skills, a sense of Duty to the team and Acceptance of others.
Specific Physical Education (PE) content might include:
- Physical and health-related knowledge, such as components of fitness, training methods, training principles, nutrition, lifestyle, biomechanics, exercise physiology, issues in sport and first aid
- Aesthetic movement, such as gymnastics and martial arts
- Team sports, such as football, basketball, and volleyball
- Individual sports, such as athletics and swimming
- International sports and activities