Support, guidance and service. We do more than teach.
IAA Clinic hours are from 7:30 until 4:00 pm during the academic year. The goals of the IAA Clinics are the modification or removal of health-related barriers to learning and the promotion of an optimum level of wellness by providing adequate health care services to support students on the school premises and at school-sponsored activities off-site. The Clinic is committed to meeting the needs of all the students and staff whilst onsite.
Services offered by the IAA Clinics include:
- Yearly physical examination of weight and height
- Maintain an up-to-date,confidential health record for every student
- Preventive health care
- Coordination of care with community health care providers
- Evaluation and treatment of common health problems
- Health education
- Crisis intervention
- Community & school-based referrals
- Contacting the absent students to check on them
If a student becomes unwell at school and it is necessary to be sent home or pursue follow-up care, the nurse will contact the parent/caregiver to collect the student. The nurse keeps the student comfortable until the caregiver arrives.